It’s odd that it’s the next to last day of the year. Aside from the snow over the weekend which was a pain to shovel I made it through the holidays without much pain.
Work has been quiet because of the days the office and the client’s offices are closed meaning a lot of people are away and things simply can’t get done. I am somewhat procrastinating about the new project or was right up until the time I realized that my job doesn’t entail working on weekends and holidays. You see, for me to make any kind of big dent then the expectation would have to be I was working continuously from the time we had the initial meeting which was on a Thursday before the week of Christmas and assuming there weren’t other things going on (which there were especially since both the other people on the brand I work on were out and I was covering as best I could for them).
Then the following week was Christmas week and our offices in the states were closed Wed and Thurs, the client and the people I work with in England were out Thurs and Fri so it was in essence a two day week. This week really isn’t much better, I mean tomorrow is New Year’s eve and I’ve never worked somewhere where they kept you the whole day and Thursday were off.
So, in reality… not a lot of time to really be actually working on things unless I’m working on my dime which I’m less than inclined to do.
They signed me for another year and I tried squeezing a little more out of them since I am more or less at the same rate they signed me for back in ’23 and they simply weren’t forthcoming. People do get raises even people on contracts but then again I’m thankful to have a job at my age so I should just count my blessings and shut it.
I’ve been trying to get some year end things in order… I got another implant done before the FSA money was no longer mine to use. Friday new coverage will kick in and the first order of business will be to get flu and covid vaccines. I have them already geared up to get going on my big ticket medicine so that’s taken care off and I’ve sent along copies of cards to providers.
The big project for the coming year is to clear the decks… plainly put it will be sell, sell, sell time. I want to move the Vespa since I don’t ride it anymore and it’s been sitting in the garage for the last few years. I’d like to ride it but it’s too big… the thing weighs over 300 lbs and if I needed anything I’d get a smaller Vespa if anything at all.
Maybe I can make something to at least make things a little easier because the truth is I live paycheck to paycheck and I can’t say I’ve got a lot sitting in a retirement account either. I can’t retire… I can’t afford it!
No comments:
Post a Comment